At Juniata we have programs of emphasis (POEs) rather than the traditional majors system. Students work with their advisers to identify what they are passionate about, explore endless opportunities, and ultimately design an education that aligns with their future goals and career interests.
Below you will find links to requirements for each individual POE, organized by the department that they fit within. If you want to explore the required courses for a designated POE, simply find the department it falls under and choose the POE you are interested in. Be aware that here at Juniata, individualizing a POE is a relatively common practice, and you are not constrained to a single POE’s requirements during this process of self-discovery.
- PreK-4th Grade
- PreK-4th Grade and Special Education PreK-8th Grade
- Secondary Education in Biology, Secondary Education in Chemistry, Secondary Education in English, Secondary Education in Earth & Space Science, Secondary Education in Social Studies, Secondary Education in Math, Secondary Education in Physics, Secondary Education in French, Secondary Education in German, Secondary Education in Spanish, and Secondary Education in General Science
- Education - Secondary Emphasis
- Information Technology
- Computer Science
- Computer Science - effective Fall 2014
- Integrated Media Arts
- Business Information Technology
- Integrated Media Arts - Secondary Emphasis
- Information Technology - Secondary Emphasis
- Computer Science - Secondary Emphasis
- Computer Programming - Secondary Emphasis
- Data Science
- Data Science - Secondary Emphasis
- Engineering Physics
- Engineering Physics - effective Fall 2016
- General Science and Secondary Education - effective Fall 2016
- General Science and Secondary Education
- Physics - effective Fall 2016
- Engineering Physics and Secondary Education - effective Fall 2016
- Engineering Physics and Secondary Education
- Physics - Secondary Emphasis - effective Fall 2016
- Physics - Secondary Emphasis
- French Secondary Education
- German Secondary Education
- Spanish Secondary Education
- Spanish/Hispanic Cultures
- Chinese Studies Secondary Emphasis
- French - Secondary Emphasis
- German - Secondary Emphasis
- Linguistics - Secondary Emphasis
- Russian - Secondary Emphasis
- Spanish - Secondary Emphasis
“I learned that embracing your interests, even if they are not necessarily traditional, will take you farther. Read more...
—Katie Houston ‘12
“I just took the computer science courses as extra, on the side. I was able to add just the ones I needed to be successful.” Read more...
—Colin Brislawn ‘14
“Juniata gives you many opportunities to pursue a million different things.” Read more...
—Harris Cauler '15
“Undeclared” or “undecided” are poor ways to describe your curiosity. See how Juniata's exploratory program can unlock lifelong success. Read more...