The Language in Motion Library is located at Juniata College. We have materials available to loan to teachers, including language books, periodicals, games, posters and more.
- Teacher Resources: Periodicals such as Foreign Language Annals and The Language Educator, as well as books on activities and language-teaching methods.
- Videos: Videos of concerts and fairy tales, as well as some documentaries, interviews, and films.
- Realia: Materials like tickets or flags to provide real-life examples for students.
- Audio: Songs, stories, and interviews on cassette tape and CD.
- Maps and Posters
- Books: Books for students and teachers about countries in the languages of those countries, books (especially children’s books) in the language, and books about how to teach languages. Subjects range from cooking to fairy tales and from picture books to history.
- Games: Board games, puzzles, and more (Spanish teachers please note: We have a class-sized Monopoly game!)
To borrow items, contact Language in Motion at firstname.lastname@example.org
Resources for Teachers
Language in Motion (LiM) provides these resources as a service to teachers and presenters. LiM is not responsible for the accuracy or content of the information contained in any of the sites listed here, nor do links from LiM to these third-party sites constitute an endorsement by LiM. LiM has not investigated the claims made by any of these sites.
General Teaching Resources
- CIA World Factbook
- Education World
- Federal Resources for Educational Excellence
- Modern Language Association (MLA)
- Multimedia Educational Resources for Learning and Online Teaching
- NEH Summer Seminars and Institutes
- Sites for Teachers
- Teacher Tube - Educational Videos
- Varsity Tutors - Classroom Assessment
- Varsity Tutors - Practice Tests
- Wolfram Alpha - Computational Knowledge Engine
- World Almanac for Kids
Foreign Languages (General)
- American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages (ACTFL)
- Animal noises in different cultures
- Language Guide
- Pennsylvania State Standards for World Language Learning
- The Pennsylvania Council for International Education
- The Pennsylvania State Modern Language Association (PSMLA)
- Resources for World Languages
- Voice Nation Live
- World Language Assessment
- American Association of Teachers of Slavic and Eastern European Languages (AATSEEL)
- Civilisation française
- Cool German
- French Radio
- German Resources
- Learn Djerma or Zarma
- Russian Film Archive
- Ojalá qué llueva café--Spanish Song and Activities
- Africa - Smithsonian
- Andy Warhol Museum
- Art Institute of Chicago--Teacher Site
- Metropolitan Museum of Art in NYC
- Tretyakov Art Gallery
- African Studies Center - University of Pennsylvania
- Center for East Asian Studies - University of Pennsylvania
- Middle East Center - University of Pennsylvania
- South Asia Center - University of Pennsylvania
- An In-Depth Guide to Accreditation in Higher Education
- Accredited Online College Degree Programs & Online Degrees
- Education Degree Programs Resource