Student Accessibility Services operates the Testing Center on the 2nd floor of Beeghly Library. Students receiving exam accommodations may elect to have their exams proctored in the Testing Center by the Testing and Accessibility Coordinator. The Testing Center, with its six private rooms and 13 study carrels, allows for a distraction reduced testing environment and ease of providing extended time. Utilization of the Testing Center is especially helpful when scheduling conflicts necessitate taking time-extended exams at a different time and/or on a different day than the class exam is administered.
- Meet with your student to discuss how exam accommodations will be implemented. Mutually agree on a date and time for exams that will be taken in the Testing Center.
- Receive a Test Proctoring Request notification email and follow the link to the Test Proctoring Checklist.
- Review the student submission by following the link under “Student requested accommodations”.
- Return to the Test Proctoring Checklist. Complete the form in its entirety, noting any corrections to the student submission and your own comments in the “Special Instructions, Questions, Comments, or Concerns” section.
- Submit all testing materials to the Testing and Accessibility Coordinator at least 24 hours prior to the scheduled start of exams.
- Receive completed exams via your specified delivery method.
NOTE: Final exams proctored in the Testing Center will begin at a slightly different time than the class exam. All morning final exams will begin at 8:00 a.m. All afternoon and evening final exams will begin at 2:00 pm. This start time limitation is because final exams can last up to six hours with extended time for students receiving exam accommodations.