Students in art and art history gain invaluable experience by studying art in its native cultural context. Many art history course requirements can be met abroad. Work with your POE advisor to determine your class schedule.
- Enroll in a foreign language, especially French
- Participate in the summer art in Florence, Italy program
- Continue with your foreign language
- Study abroad at a partner site. Many destinations are good choices for art students,
particularly the BCA program at the University of Gloucestershire, the School of Art and Design at Cheltenham; the University of Ulster, Belfast campus (studio arts); University of Leeds (art history and museum studies); City University in Athens (with courses in classical
Greek art, the ancient world, and philosophy) and cities known for being centers of
art, including Lille and Strasbourg, France; and Barcelona and Seville, Spain.
- Apply to a Master's program at your study abroad site, such as museum studies at Leeds
Please see the Juniata International Study Abroad website for more details.