skip to content
- Animal Welfare: Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service. USDA. Federal Register
54(168): 36112-36163, 31 August 1989.
- Animal Welfare: Animals and Animal Products. Federal Register. USDA. Parts 1 to 199,
Revised as of January 1, 1990.
- Animal Welfare: Guinea pigs, hamsters, and rabbits. Federal Register 55(136): 28879-28884,
16 July 1990.
- Animal Welfare: Standards (amendments for the humane handling, care, treatment, and
transportation of dogs and cats, and non-human primates). Federal Register 56(32):6426-6505,
15 February 1991.
- Animal Welfare Information Center tips for alternatives to animal research and testing.
- Guide for the Care and Use of Laboratory Animals. Institute of Laboratory Animal Research,
Commission on Life Sciences, National Research Council, 1996.
- Improved Standards for Laboratory Animals Act. Congressional Record, December 17,
- Laboratory Animal Welfare. NIH Guide for Grants and Contracts Special Edition. U.S.
Department of Health and Human Services 14(8). 1985.
- Public Health Service Policy on Humane Care and Use of Laboratory Animals. Office
for Protection from Research Risks (OPRR). NIH. Revised, 1986.