Juniata Admission Ambassadors (JAA) are alumni, parents and friends of Juniata who volunteer to recruit prospective students. The Alumni Association and the Enrollment Office jointly support this program and its volunteers.
- To involve alumni, parents and friends of the College in the admission process.
- To spread the word about the benefits of a Juniata College education.
- To identify and encourage talented and qualified students to apply to Juniata College.
Juniata Admission Ambassadors participate in a variety of activities. (Click here for more details.)
- Share stories of their own college experiences
- Recruit prospective students who would be a good fit for Juniata and submit a Juniata Community Scholarship form
- Stop into your local high school to drop off an information packet and introduce Juniata to the guidance counselor - contact us with the name of the high school(s) you will visit and we will send packets to you
- Encourage students to visit campus and/or accompany them on their visit
- Represent Juniata or accompany a Counselor at a College Fair. Check out College Fair opportunities in your area (map is updated each fall).
- Mingle at an off-campus interview session
- Attend a reception for local prospective and/or accepted students in your area
- E-mail or call prospective and/or accepted students
You will find that helping to shape the future of Juniata is very rewarding. Also, it has been shown that students guided through this process with a personal connection are more likely to apply to, and ultimately attend Juniata. These activities matter for Juniata. Below are some appreciative students who were introduced to Juniata thanks to a GOLD Card submitted by a JAA volunteer!