An Admission Counselor at Juniata College applies admission standards, policies, and regulations to credentials of prospective students to determine their admissibility. This highly visible role requires a dynamic person who can communicate with prospective students, parents, and other interested parties to explain college admission policies and procedures and accurately answer questions. Additionally an effective counselor will secure information from and refer prospective students to faculty and other administrative offices to provide greater clarity to the admission process. This position requires travel to high schools and other forums to inform prospective students of admission standards, the programs of the college, and campus life. Qualified candidate will be expected to recruit underserved populations and to cultivate relationships with schools that will diversify our incoming class.
• Applies college admission standards, policies, and regulations in a holistic fashion to credentials of prospective students to determine their admissibility.
• Communicates with prospective students, parents, and other interested parties to explain admission policies and procedures and to accurately answer questions about Juniata College.
• Travels to high schools and other forums to inform prospective students of admission standards, the programs, and campus life.
• Performs other duties as required.
• Bachelor’s Degree,
• Experience with and display a commitment to liberal arts education,
• Possess strong leadership, organizational, and interpersonal skills,
• Confident and effective public speaking and written communications skills, and be able to work effectively with a diverse constituency,
• Must be flexible, handle a demanding work schedule, and be able to work independently within a team management structure,
• A valid driver’s license.
Juniata is a four-year private liberal arts college located in the picturesque mountains of central Pennsylvania. The college is located in historic Huntingdon, a small town of 10,000 residents, and is 3 hours from the Baltimore/ Washington metro areas, Pittsburgh, Philadelphia and 4 hours from New York City. Juniata is nationally recognized by Forbes Magazine, US News and World Report, and Loren Pope’s book Colleges that Change Lives for our student outcomes, academic excellence, and pride in our community.
It is the policy of Juniata College to conduct background checks. Juniata College takes positive steps to enhance diversity in both its community and its curriculum. The College commits to this policy not because of legal obligations but because it fully believes that such practices are basic to human dignity.
To apply for this position, please complete our online application: