Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the turnaround time for my copy/print project?
2. Where is the print shop located?
3. What are the print shop's office hours?
4. What if I need to pick up my project after business hours?
5. How do I prepare a large format poster (larger than 11x17)?
6. How do I order business cards?
7. How do I request my job to be delivered?
8. Can the print shop produce a personal job for me?
9. If I wish to email a job or a work order, to whom do I send the email?
10. My project is too large in size to email. How do I get my job to the print shop?
11. What should I do if I need a price quote for a print job?
12. Where can I find Juniata College logos that are print quality?
Your project’s turnaround time is dependent on two things. First, the amount of production involved in your project directly relates to how long it will take. For example, if your project requires folding, trimming, and saddle stitching in addition to printing, a longer time frame may be needed than if your project simply required printing. Second, the amount of projects currently scheduled in the shop directly affects the production schedule of your project.
When you have a project that requires many production functions, we recommend that you call us to determine an estimated completion date. We will do everything possible to meet your deadlines.
1931 Moore Street, Stone House in the section that looks like a garage.
Counter services are available at the print shop 10-4 during the fall and spring semesters and 9-3 during the summer. CLOSED Saturday and Sunday. Other hours are available by appointment only.
Please call us to arrange an after business hour pick up.
- Design your poster in Microsoft PowerPoint. You MUST provide a PDF document to assure printability.
- Enter the size of your poster under page setup. We recommend 40 x 50 inches for the largest size (Cost = $2/sq. ft.). The printer’s paper roll is 42 inches wide with a print area of 40 inches. Because the paper is on a roll, the length measurement is a variable. We cannot guarantee a file larger than 50 inches will print correctly. If you would like your poster mounted to foam-core board, please keep in mind that we stock board in 32 x 40 sheet size.
- After designing and creating a PDF, double-check your size (file_properties) and to make sure it is the desired size. The print shop will not resize your poster and this could cause delay in printing.
- Print a reduced copy of the poster to your personal printer to make sure everything is printing correctly. We have found from past experience that if you’re unable to print your file, we can’t print it either.
- Fill out an online work order and email your poster file to email@example.com. Choose poster printing under job type. Be sure to include the account number for billing.
- If you are planning to have your poster laminated the maximum size for laminating is 34 x 46 inches. The following link provides lamination prices.
Click on the following link http://services2.juniata.edu/printshop/workorder/ and fill out the form entirely. Choose business cards under job type.
Requesting delivery is easy.
Indicate delivery on the work order or inventory form. Print shop staff will determine the best method of delivery.
Large and heavy deliveries are made by Facility Services on Tuesdays and Thursdays between noon and 2 pm.
Daily deliveries are made by a post office student assistant between 1-2 pm.
Small and less urgent items are sent through campus mail.
We encourage the campus community to patronize local businesses in Huntingdon; however, sometimes services cannot be found. We will produce your personal job if you are not able to find services elsewhere. Personal projects will be scheduled for production at the discretion of the print shop supervisor. Personal projects will not interfere with Juniata College scheduled projects. Sales tax will be applied to any non-college related work. All personal projects must be delivered and picked up in person. To submit a personal job go to the Print Shop's online work order and choose CASH as payment type.
Email your job to firstname.lastname@example.org. The entire print shop staff answers this email. Emailing your job directly to a person may delay production.
If your project is too large to email, we suggest that you place it in our Drop Box.
Directions to our drop box are as follows:
- Right click on My Computer
- Map Network Drive
- For the drive letter, choose any unused letter after "F"
- For the folder, type \\publicshare\pdrive
- Choose Reconnect at logon
- Click finish
- Open pdrive_administration_print shop folder_drop box folder. Save the file using the drag and drop method.
- If you are unsure if your file has saved, close window and open the drop box folder again to check.
Indicate on the online work order that your original(s) have been saved to the P Drive.
We also accept jobs on jump drives, CDs, and DVDs.
Email all information about the print job to email@example.com.
Juniata College has developed a suite of logos, word marks, and related images that together compose the graphic identity of the College. The images are copyrighted and registered as trademarks of Juniata College and any use of those images is subject to approval by the College's marketing office or its designates.
While requests can be submitted in writing, Juniata encourages people to use its online form to submit their requests. It is not only a more sustainable method by which to conduct business, it will expedite the approval process.