Juniata College Wellness Committee has
AMPED up the challenge at CAMPus FIT this summer!
Here’s how it works! Over the course of 10 weeks, campers will complete camp activities at varying levels to earn badges. For example, earn the Level 1-Fit Camper badge by completing one camp activity, one day camp event, and one community service event over the course of 10 weeks. Each level builds upon the next; at each level, you will earn a badge and win a prize. If you earn all three badges, you will earn all three prizes, plus be entered for one chance to win a grand prize. Access the CAMPusFIT AMPED brochure below to check off the requirements of each level as you complete them.
Here are some of the activities you may choose to participate in over the course of CAMPus Fit AMPED. YOU select which camp activity suits your interests best!
- 5K Race/Walk
- Attend an Exercise Class
- Or choose your own favorite camp activity!
*We recommend scheduling 30 minutes of camp activity 5 days per week!
(Please note: Your camp activity should be one that enhances or maintains physical fitness and overall health and wellness, including strengthening muscles your cardiovascular system).
Community Service Ideas
- Pick up trash in your community
- Give Blood
- Donate to the local food bank
- Or choose your own favorite volunteer activity
Day Camp Events
The Wellness Committee is also sponsoring four day camp events to coincide with the challenge. Please note, you must attend three out of four day camp events over the course of the summer to earn your "Giving Camper Badge," and be entered into a drawing for a chance at the Grand Prize.
- JC 5K or 1M Run/Walk - in observation of National Running Day - June 7 (Rain Date June 14)
- Walk to the Peace Chapel - July 13 (Rain Date July 14)
- CAMPus Dance Day - in observation of National Dance Day - July 28 (Rain Date July 29)
- Walk to the Farmer's Market - August 4 (Rain Date August 11th)
CAMPus Fit AMPED will run June 1st through August 10th.