Director of Athletic Communications
Responsible for the maintenance and execution of all athletic department media and sports information tasks and/or functions.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities:
• Prepares/Approves and manages all athletic department external communication, including but not limited to publications, game programs, media/team guides, daily/weekly/monthly releases, game re-caps, human-interest stories, social-media and web content.
• Coordinates and implements departmental social media and web based communication strategies and monitors effectiveness of these strategies.
• Liaison with College Marketing and Communication Offices and attend weekly meetings.
• Produce feature story for quarterly/semi-annual Alumni magazine in conjunction with Marketing/Communication Office.
• Maintains the athletic department website.
• Oversight of athletic department social media platforms.
• Creates/approves/oversees all video content for the website including; digital media/team guides, pre-season outlooks, special features (plays of the week), game recaps, and film shorts.
• Prepares/approves, maintains, and distributes all necessary statistics, rosters and results.
• Submits all NCAA and Conference (Landmark, Centennial and CVC) mandated schedules, rosters, statistics, reports, requests, as well as, weekly nominations for conference, regional, and national awards and recognition.
• Respond to information and interview requests from news media, conference offices, NCAA, and other sports information officers. Provide accurate and complete information in a timely manner.
• Nomination of student-athletes for post-season awards including; All-America, Academic All America, All-Conference, ECAC and other regional awards
• Coordinates, contracts, and maintains all audio and video streaming for events.
• Responsible for the operation and staffing of all home event sports information staff.
• Supervise the hiring and training of student workforce and intern staff.
• Serve as host sports information director at NCAA/ECAC events hosted by Juniata College.
• Master of Ceremonies at various events.
• Assist with the delivery of athletic recognition and awards.
• Assist in the production of the yearly athletics celebration event (Alfie’s).
• Assist in functions related to Juniata College Athletics Hall of Fame.
• Other duties as assigned by the Associate Athletics Director.
Receives direct supervision from Associate Athletic Director. Must work collaboratively and supportively with other individuals and groups. Hires, trains and supervises Assistant Sports Information Director, and student employees, providing specific direction and oversight of assignments and responsibilities.
Bachelor Degree required; Master’s Degree preferred. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of three years of sports information experience and a working knowledge of desktop publishing software (InDesign, Photo Shop), video editing software and Stat Crew software. Experience with Presto Sports content management and Final Cut Pro is preferred. Candidates must possess strong organizational and interpersonal skills, communicate effectively, and demonstrate a willingness to work in a team-oriented environment that values community and inclusion. Review of applications will begin immediately. Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Juniata College takes positive steps to enhance diversity in both its community and its curriculum. The College commits to this policy, not because of legal obligations, but because it fully believes that such practices are basic to human dignity.
It is the policy of Juniata College to conduct background checks.
To apply for this position, please complete our online application: