Facilities Services Office Assistant
Juniata College seeks a part-time Facilities Services Office Assistant to provide varied and complex administrative support for Facilities Services.
1. Performs a range of administrative/office support services including preparing correspondences, creating and maintaining departmental files/records, processing invoices, sorting and distributing mail, scheduling meetings, arranging appointments, preparing/circulating/posting of notices and announcements.
2. Responsible for assigned departmental reporting including wastewater reports, pool reports and central heating plant logs.
3. Responsible for maintaining assigned departmental documents, forms and spreadsheets including the on-call schedule and approved driver’s list.
4. Performs a variety of support services for special events and meetings including planning and scheduling locations, arranging appointments, preparing and circulating agendas, minutes, etc.
5. Performs a variety of support services for the Service Response Center including creating, assigning and closing work orders, answering telephone and radio calls, assisting with daily and weekly reporting, filing work orders and maintaining and updating records.
6. Responsible for creating, assigning, and closing work orders for conferences, events, camps and Baker House.
7. Responsible for processing employee and student key requests including receiving and distributing keys and maintaining records of all key transactions.
8. Responsible for distributing keys to contractors and maintaining the contractor/vendor key log.
9. Performs related duties as assigned.
Works with considerable independence. Must work collaboratively with diverse individuals and groups. May supervise student assistants.
1. Knowledge and capabilities normally acquired through a high school diploma or equivalent.
2. Intermediate computer and data entry kills with experience in Microsoft Office software.
3. Ability to manage multiple priorities and possess strong organizational skills.
4. Ability to work independently and effectively with a diverse constituency.
5. Organizational skills with attentiveness to accuracy and detail.
Juniata College takes positive steps to enhance diversity in both its community and its curriculum. The College commits to this policy, not because of legal obligations, but because it fully believes that such practices are basic to human dignity.
It is the policy of Juniata College to conduct background checks. To apply for this position, please complete the online application: