Campus Residence Halls
Two types of on-campus residence hall accommodations will be available during Alumni Weekend: traditional rooms and a limited number of air-conditioned rooms in Nathan Hall.
Please note that Nathan Hall is at the edge of campus and is approximately a 5-10 minute walk from the center of campus. The building and parking lot are handicap accessible; however, the path from the hall to the lot is on an incline. If you have mobility-related concerns or questions, please contact Chris Gibboney in the Alumni Relations Office at email@example.com or 814-641-3441.
You may purchase a packet of rental linens or bring your own. The rental linen package includes basic sheets, blanket, pillow, bath towel, and washcloth. If providing your own linens, twin extra-long or full sheets will fit the bed. Don’t forget to pack your pillow along with your bed linens and bath towels. Please note that the air-conditioned rooms do not have individually-controlled thermostats, so you may want to bring an extra blanket. For the non-air-conditioned rooms, we recommend bringing a fan. Additionally, the buffet breakfast at Baker Refectory is not automatically included with on-campus housing. You may purchase breakfast tickets through online registration or at Registration.
Room keys may be picked up at Registration. Check-out time on Sunday is 10:30 a.m., and all room keys should be returned to the receptacles at Registration before leaving campus.
Air-Conditioned Room: Single - $40.00/night; Double - $70.00/night SOLD OUT*
Traditional Room: Single - $30.00/night; Double - $50.00/night
Linen Rental: $20 per package
*Air-conditioned double occupancy rooms are sold out. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or add a comment to your registration to be put on the wait-list. You will be informed a week before arrival if a room is available. Please make alternate housing arrangements as a back up.
There are so many options when choosing where to rest your head at night. You can stay in a hotel or motel close to town, in a cozy vacation home nestled in the nearby countryside, or in a lodge or campsite overlooking the lake.
See the lodging list below for local hotels including ones with special room blocks and rates or operated by Juniata alumni.
- Aunt Susie’s Country Vacation Rentals* - 888-232-5253 - Directions to Aunt Susie's
- Bear's Paw Lodge - 814-466-7539 - Directions to Bear's Paw
- The Chocolate Moose Chalet* - 717-602-2675 - Directions to the Chocolate Moose Chalet
- Comfort Inn* - 814-643-1600 - Directions to the Comfort Inn - You must call the hotel directly and ask for the “Juniata College Alumni Weekend” block to book a room and receive the discounted rate. If you try to book online, you may not receive the discount rate. Cut-off date is 5/17/17.
- Deer Hollow Bed & Breakfast - 814-684-2438 - Directions to Deer Hollow
- The Fairfield Farm Guest Cabin - 814-632-9445 - Directions to Fairfield Farm
- Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott - 814-643-3672 - Directions to the Fairfield Inn - You must call the hotel directly and ask for the “Juniata College Alumni” block to book a room and receive the discounted rate. If you try to book online, you may not receive the discount rate. Cut-off date is 5/17/17.
- Gage Mansion Bed and Breakfast - 814-506-8411 - Directions to Gage Mansion - Owned and operated by John '94 and Angie (Wolf) '96 Thompson.
- Heritage Cove Resort* - 814-635-2887 - Directions to Heritage Cove
- Homewaters* - 814-686-6214 - Directions to Homewaters
- Huntingdon Motor Inn* - 814-643-1133 - Directions to the Huntingdon Motor Inn - Owned and operated by Derek Grubb '88.
- The Inn at Edgewater Acres* - 814-669-4144 - Alexandria
- The Inn at Solvang* - 814-643-3035 - Directions to the Inn at Solvang
- The Iron Rail Bed & Breakfast - 814-447-3984 - Directions to the Iron Rail
- Lake Raystown Family Camping Resort* - 814-643-3377 - Directions to Lake Raystown
- Lake Raystown Resort & Lodge* - 814-658-3500 - Directions to Lake Raystown Resort
- Laurel Ridge Bed & Breakfast - 814-632-6813 - Directions to Laurel Ridge
- Millstone Manor* - 814-643-0108 - Directions to Millstone Manor
- The Ridge Retreat - 610-664-7097 - Directions to the Ridge Retreat
- Stone House Bed and Breakfast - 814-669-9201 - Directions to the Stone House
- Wildwood Chalet - 814-571-8799 - Directions to the Wildwood Chalet
- Yoder's Bed and Breakfast - 814-643-3221 - Directions to Yoder's
- Days Inn & Suites in Pinecroft* - 814-944-4499 - Directions to the Days Inn
- Courtyard by Marriott - 814-312-1800 - Directions to the Courtyard by Marriot Altoona
- Hampton Inn - 814-941-3500 - Directions to the Hampton Inn
- Holiday Inn Express - 814-944-9661 - Directions to the Holiday Inn Express
- Nittany Lion Inn - 814-865-8500 - Directions to the Nittany Lion Inn
- The Atherton Hotel - 814-231-2100 - Directions to the Atherton Hotel
- Residence Inn Marriott* - 814-235-6960 - Directions to the Residence Inn Marriot
- Courtyard by Marriott State College - 814-238-1881 - Directions to the Courtyard by Marriot State College
*Pet-friendly - Please contact the hotel directly for specific information.
- As a tourist destination, the Raystown Lake Region boasts many B&Bs, cottages, and vacation homes. Visit www.raystown.org or call the Huntingdon County Visitors’ Bureau at 1-888-RAYSTOWN.
Vacation Rentals By Owner (VRBO) is an independent online vacation rental marketplace that advertises many local accommodations. Search on Raystown Lake to find the most options.